Physical Therapy (PT) services are provided here in our Ashburn, Virginia clinic under the direction and order from your physician. We communicate closely with all of your care providers in order to create a treatment plan that best fits your needs. We believe using a team approach is the best way to assist you in your recovery.
Who can benefit:
- Cancer patients who are newly diagnosed and need to prepare for treatment by improving their general wellness, conditioning and strength;
- Cancer patients who are undergoing treatment and need to maintain a safe exercise program to manage the effects of cancer treatments on strength and endurance;
- Cancer survivors who may need assistance with recovering from cancer treatment- related problems including (but not limited to):
- muscle and joint pain
- joint stiffness
- weakness, fatigue
- difficulty walking, balance issues
- the need for the development of and medical supervision of an exercise program
PT services are covered through most medical insurance companies under outpatient therapy benefits. Review our Insurance and Billing information and contact your medical insurance provider to find out what your plan covers.
“Rehabilitation of the patient with cancer should begin when disability is anticipated, rather than after it has occurred.”
― “Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Board Review” (NCBI)
Find out more: